Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Over the mountains and through the woods...

We spent a few days at my parents house this weekend. It was so great to see them and so hard to leave. I really do wish we could live closer to them. Anyway, we had a great time while we were there. Mom & I got to spend some time together just the two of us and that was really nice. We got to eat the best pizza and wings at one of our favorite local restaurants. We drove up to Blowing Rock and had a picnic and some of the yummiest ice cream I have ever had. Cole had a great time playing at the park with Papa and Gram Gram. We got to spend an evening with my Uncle Chris and Aunt Beth and a little bit of time with my cousin Taylor. Cole got very attached to each of them and has been talking about them ever since (it probably helps that Taylor handed some old toys down to him that he loves -- Thank you Taylor!) Mom helped me start making a dress for Savannah that I am going to finish sewing on my own. I will post a picture of it when it is done. All in all it was a wonderful little vacation - it just went by too fast. Here are some pics from our trip!



This is the best nap couch in the whole world. Savannah has now gotten that wonderful nap experience.


Playing with Papa


Cole climbing...this was so out of character for him ---HAHAHA!


Picnic at a park in Blowing Rock


Looking at the fish at "Chris and Bess (Beth)" house.


Want to know what Savannah will probably look like when she is older? My cousin Taylor is holding her in this picture. We looked at some of Taylor's baby pictures while we were there and there is a definite resemblance between these two.


Papa trying to feed Savannah applesauce.


"MMMMM...So Gooooood! Thanks cousin Ben for leaving some strawberry applesauce for me!"

Cole was so good in the car on the way home. Portable DVD players and naps are wonderful!


A good little traveler.

No comments: