Friday, June 29, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
I have so many wonderful childhood memories. One of them is of my mom building us forts out of the dining room table, chairs, and lots of blankets. I decided that today I would build a fort for the kids to play in. They had so much fun! Everytime Cole said "fort" it sounded like he was using a different vowel! It was very funny!!!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Savannah is 8 months old. It is unbelievable how quickly the time does fly. Here are the 8 months pictures. She is crawling all over the place, has 2 teeth, pulling up on furniture, and generally getting into everything! Gotta love that grin!!!!!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
- I feel unworthy of God's love, but I am very thankful that He has given it to me.
- I have a wonderful husband.
- I knew in my heart that I would marry Matt the very first time we went out. My head thought my heart was crazy, so I refused to admit that for a very long time.
- I have two beautiful children.
- Cole was a surprise. We had only been married 8 weeks when we found out I was pregnant with him.
- We planned to have Savannah.
- People think I am crazy when I tell them #5 & #6 because Savannah is 1 week shy of being 17 months younger than Cole.
- Being a mommy has fulfilled my life's dream.
- Before I got engaged, I always said that people should date for at least a year before they got engaged.
- Matt & I only dated for 7 months when we got engaged.
- I had a fairytale engagement. Matt proposed at Cinderella's castle at Disney World.
- I have had to "eat my words" ALOT!
- I have learned to try to stop saying "always" and "never".
- I believe people have the right to change their minds about most things without being crucified for it.
- I am pro life - no matter what the circumstances.
- My brothers and I almost always say "I love you" when we get off the phone.
- I am very thankful for the relationship I have with my brothers.
- I think my parents are awesome!
- I hate it when I have to stop in the middle of trying to complete a task. It really frustrates me.
- I get chills alot.
- Almost every Sunday there is a song we sing at worship service that makes me cry - in a good way.
- I worked in public accounting for four years. I didn't realize how tired that lifestyle made me until I went on maternity leave. I didn't go back.
- I think too much.
- I would rather be rich in love, family, and friends than rich with money.
- I believe money is the root of all evil. Too bad money is necessary to do good sometimes.
- When I was in 8th grade my gym teacher told me I threw the football better than all the boys in my class.
- I wish I could still throw a football that well.
- I love college football and ACC basketball.
- I am a Duke basketball fan.
- I know how to "call the hogs". Go Razorbacks!
- I ask Cole to "call the hogs" every time we pass by the wild hogs at the zoo.
- I love to take Cole & Savannah to the park and the zoo.
- I really want to go to the beach.
- Matt & I met in Gulf Shores, AL on a Memorial Day beach trip with some friends we have in common. We lived less than a mile from each other at the time and went to the same church, but we had to go 7 hours away to meet.
- I was named after both of my grandmothers.
- I met 6 of my 8 great-grandparents. I didn't meet my grandmothers' fathers.
- Family is very important to me.
- I love family traditions - especially the holiday ones.
- I have made an apple pie every Thanksgiving since I was in second grade. My first apple pie was for a Brownie badge.
- I didn't stay in Brownies for very long - I am not the girl scout type.
- I wish I had done more extra-curricular activities in high school.
- I tried out for the volleyball team in high school. I only went to the first day of tryouts.
- I am 5'3". That should explain why I didn't go back for day 2!
- I watch too much TV.
- I wish I had more time to read. If I didn't watch so much TV and spend so much time on the computer I would probably find that time to read.
- I love going to the library, book stores, and coffee shops.
- I worked in a coffee shop during college.
- I would rather be typing 100 things about my children than about me.
- I believe in Santa Claus.
- After visiting Colorado, I decided I would like to live there someday.
- I love the mountains as much as I love the beach.
- I think cigarettes are gross and can't stand smelling smoke when I am at a restaurant, the park, etc.
- I worked in a grocery store while I was in high school.
- I worked in collections at a mobile home financing company during the summer after my freshman year of college.
- I was a resident assistant my junior and senior year of college.
- I think it would be fun to be a head resident in a dorm.
- I find it hard to believe that I graduated from high school 10 years ago.
- I don't think my brain has believed I am getting older for the past 8 years.
- My body definitely knows I am getting older.
- I hate wallpaper.
- I REALLY HATE removing wallpaper.
- I love to take pictures of Cole and Savannah when they aren't looking.
- I have lived with all three of my best friends at some point in my life.
- I am glad that I got to live on my own for a few years after graduating from college.
- I have shot a pistol and a rifle.
- I want to leave the earth a cleaner and healthier place for my children.
- I struggle with figuring out exactly how to make that happen.
- I can communicate in sign language if necessary.
- I voted for the first time when I was 18.
- I have had 3 cats as pets. Right now I have no pets.
- I do not like it when fathers say that they are "babysitting" their own children.
- I had my first babysitting job when I was 12.
- I can't imagine leaving my children with a 12 year old.
- My first car was a 1984 Chrysler E Class. (or maybe it was E series - I can't remember)
- I don't know anyone who has ever heard of that car (besides the ones who heard me drive it - it sounded like an airplane).
- I have had 2 speeding tickets.
- I became a safety freak as soon as I found out I was pregnant with Cole.
- I learned to drive in a mini van.
- I used to say I would never own a mini van.
- I own a mini van. (see #s 12 & 13)
- My eyes have been brown since birth.
- My long term memory is not as good as I wished it was.
- My vision is horrible.
- I love the rain. Especially when there is lots of thunder and lightning.
- I went to 5 different elementary schools in 3 different states.
- I really love the church camp I went to in the summers when I was growing up.
- I would like to go back to that camp as staff, but I am scared sometimes that it will ruin my memories because I know it won't be the same.
- It was once my goal to be one of the first female directors of that church camp.
- I bet there are people who will read #88 and laugh out loud at the thought of there ever being a female director at that camp.
- I am purposefully nonspecific as to locations in my blog because I fear the crazy people who are out there who have access to my blog. I am sure I have slipped up on this a couple of times.
- When I filled out my census form, I put "Human" as my race.
- My feet look just like my dad's. Cole's feet look just like mine.
- I hate for anyone to see my toenails without nail polish on them.
- When I was little I got lost from my grandmother in Wal-Mart.
- I am trying to take a more minimalistic approach to life.
- I am not a good speller.
- I really like to be super organized.
- I love dressing Savannah in clothes that were mine when I was little.
- I wish I got to have more adult conversations sometimes.
- I hate being late. Go ahead and laugh, because anyone who knows me knows that I am pretty much late for everything.
Friday, June 22, 2007
My favorite season is spring! There is something about spring that just fills me with energy. I guess it is because there is new life and growth all around with leaves coming back to the trees, grass growing, flowers budding, birds chirping, etc....I just love spring! Fall is a close second...
Sunday, June 17, 2007
My daddy is an amazing man. He has taught me so much. When I was little I was scared of his big booming voice, then one day I realized it was just the roar of a Papa Bear. My daddy sacrificed so much for us. He always made sure we had everything we needed and most of what we wanted. He taught us so many life lessons. My brothers and I are truly blessed to be able to call him "Daddy". He still has the HORRIBLE clay sculpture I made in 5th grade on his dresser. When I was in college, he surprised me by driving 7 hours on a weekday (well 450 miles - it takes most people 7 hours) just to see me get inducted into an honor society (the ceremony was a grand total of 45 min.), then he took me to dinner and turned around and drove back home because he had to be at work the next morning. He just wanted me to know how proud he was of me. My daddy has always made me feel special. The really cool thing about his "surprise" visit, is that I had a feeling that he was going to be there as I was getting ready to go to the ceremony. That is just the connection we have. I am so thankful for that connection with my daddy!
These days I love to watch my daddy be "Papa" to my children. You can see by the look on his face what a proud "Papa" he is! Happy Father's Day Daddy!!!
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
My favorite thing about Matt being a daddy is getting to watch him be a daddy. He truly loves our children with his whole being. He sacrifices for them. He plays with them. He teaches them. He is patient with them (especially when I am not!). He laughs with them. He reads to them. He prays with them. He sings with them. He helps me with all the baby stuff - feedings, diaper changes, and baths. He is so incredibly special to them. This is evident by the endearing way Cole cries out "Daiddy, Daiddy, Daiddy" when Matt walks through the door from work and the gleeful baby talk and grin Savannah gives him. Watching Matt be a daddy is one of my favorite things of all time!!!! Happy Father's Day!!!!
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
I have been neglectful of updating Savannah's milestones lately, so here goes...
- Savannah is taking her baths in the big tub. No more baby tub for her.
- Savannah & Cole are now sharing a room. Savannah is in the crib and Cole is in his "big boy bed". They are enjoying their time to talk in the mornings before we come upstairs to get them. So far it is going very well.
- Savannah started crawling last Tuesday. She has been crawling backwards for a very long time, but for some reason you don't say a child is crawling unless they are going forward. Why is this? Anyway, as of yesterday she is not only crawling, but she is officially crawling all over the place!!!!
- No sooner did she start crawling than she started meddling and pulling up on furniture to sit on her knees. See pic below of her investigating the end table.
- Savannah has had her first Cheerios. The pictures speak for themselves!
Friday, June 8, 2007
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
We went to the zoo last Friday with Melanie, Bryant, and Ellia. Cole had a lot to drink Friday morning and wet through everything on the way to the zoo, even though I had changed his diaper right before we left the house and it only takes us 10 minutes to get to the zoo! Anyway, Cole spent a big portion of his 2nd birthday in nothing but a white onsie. It was quite amusing to see him walking around in a white onsie at the zoo. I hope you laugh too! Savannah just sat back and took it easy as usual. What a joy God has given Matt & me with these two!!!