Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 27, 2007

Favorite Church Potluck Casserole

MMMMMMM....Yummy! Chicken Rotel is my favorite church potluck casserole! My mom used to make it for almost every potluck we had a church (or at least that is how I remember it) along with her FAMOUS chocalate pies! Lucky for me, she made it for me last time she was here. Here is the recipe:

4-5 Chicken Breasts (with the bone & the skin!)
1 Diced Onion
1 Diced Bell Pepper
1 Stick Butter
8 oz Vermicelli
1 lb. Velveeta
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 can Rotel
1 can drained LeSeur peas

Boil chicken breasts until fully cooked. Remove chicken breasts from broth. Set aside to cool a little before removing bones & skin. When cooled shred chicken. Melt butter in skillet and saute onion and bell pepper in butter. Cook vermicelli in chicken broth until most of water has boiled off. Put onion & pepper in vermicelli/broth. Add velveeta, worcestershire sauce, and rotel then stir over low heat until cheese melts. Stir in LeSeur peas and shredded chicken. Pour into 13x9 casserole dish (2-2 1/2 qt). Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 min (until bubbly).

The great thing about this recipe is that you can mix it up before you need it, and then just pop it in the oven when you are ready. It will take a little longer in the oven after being refrigerated of course! I might have to make this soon!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

This sounds really good and I needed a recipe for a thing I am going to tomorrow. I might have to join this Favorite Friday thing!:)