Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 2, 2007

Google Analytics...Scary

Does anyone else find it a little scary what google can do? I signed up for Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics). It shows you the places people are looking at your blog from (or you can use it for any other website) and apparently if you are signed into google while you are looking at the site using google analytics, it will not only give the analytics user your location but also your user name/blog site name. It is this last part that freaks me out a little. I mean it is a really cool tool because you can see which of your friends loves you the most (just kidding :)), but the fact that they can track that information without you knowing you are being tracked is a little frightening. It makes me think of reading "Big Brother is watching you" in 1984 -the book, not the year - when I was in high school. It also makes me wonder how many times I was tracked viewing a page when I didn't realize "Big Brother" was watching. For all of you out there who tracked me viewing your blog lots of times, I am not a stalker, I am just interested in seeing how you are doing!

1 comment:

Libby said...

Hey Sara Jo, I read your blog too! My sister-in-law told me about this, and I signed up for it. I agree that it's a little strange, but it's also quite addictive! It hasn't really stopped me from looking at other people's blogs, but it makes me think about it more.
Elizabeth