Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 6, 2007

Hot Cold - Favorite Easter Tradition

Growing up Easter morning was all about the Easter bunny and what he had hidden for us in our Easter baskets. We would play "Hot Cold" to find our baskets. As we (me & my brothers) would walk around the house, our parents would tell us whether we were "Hot" (close to our basket) or "Cold" (no where near our basket). I can still hear the intensity rise in my Daddy's voice as he would say "warmer, warmer" when we started getting close to our treat! The Easter bunny was always really nice to us. We also had fun dyeing eggs. I can't wait to carry on these traditions with my children.

So that is my favorite Easter tradition.

One thing I would like to say about Easter.... In the Church of Christ so often we avoid discussing the resurrection on Easter Sunday, although we are more than willing to discuss it any other day of the year. I can remember Easter Sundays where from the pulpit it was made a point to say that we weren't going to talk about it "like the rest of the world". Although I know that this avoidance is no longer the case in all Churches of Christ, I would just like to say that I have always found avoiding talking about the resurrection on Easter Sunday very sad. There are people who will be at Church this Sunday for the first time since Christmas - THEY NEED TO HEAR THAT JESUS DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD SO THAT THEY MAY RECEIVE GOD'S GRACE & FORGIVENESS!

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Karen said...

well said Sara Jo...well said! BTW...I think I remember us playing that too when we were really little. Traditions are so fun!