Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 24, 2007

100 things about me....

  1. I feel unworthy of God's love, but I am very thankful that He has given it to me.
  2. I have a wonderful husband.
  3. I knew in my heart that I would marry Matt the very first time we went out. My head thought my heart was crazy, so I refused to admit that for a very long time.
  4. I have two beautiful children.
  5. Cole was a surprise. We had only been married 8 weeks when we found out I was pregnant with him.
  6. We planned to have Savannah.
  7. People think I am crazy when I tell them #5 & #6 because Savannah is 1 week shy of being 17 months younger than Cole.
  8. Being a mommy has fulfilled my life's dream.
  9. Before I got engaged, I always said that people should date for at least a year before they got engaged.
  10. Matt & I only dated for 7 months when we got engaged.
  11. I had a fairytale engagement. Matt proposed at Cinderella's castle at Disney World.
  12. I have had to "eat my words" ALOT!
  13. I have learned to try to stop saying "always" and "never".
  14. I believe people have the right to change their minds about most things without being crucified for it.
  15. I am pro life - no matter what the circumstances.
  16. My brothers and I almost always say "I love you" when we get off the phone.
  17. I am very thankful for the relationship I have with my brothers.
  18. I think my parents are awesome!
  19. I hate it when I have to stop in the middle of trying to complete a task. It really frustrates me.
  20. I get chills alot.
  21. Almost every Sunday there is a song we sing at worship service that makes me cry - in a good way.
  22. I worked in public accounting for four years. I didn't realize how tired that lifestyle made me until I went on maternity leave. I didn't go back.
  23. I think too much.
  24. I would rather be rich in love, family, and friends than rich with money.
  25. I believe money is the root of all evil. Too bad money is necessary to do good sometimes.
  26. When I was in 8th grade my gym teacher told me I threw the football better than all the boys in my class.
  27. I wish I could still throw a football that well.
  28. I love college football and ACC basketball.
  29. I am a Duke basketball fan.
  30. I know how to "call the hogs". Go Razorbacks!
  31. I ask Cole to "call the hogs" every time we pass by the wild hogs at the zoo.
  32. I love to take Cole & Savannah to the park and the zoo.
  33. I really want to go to the beach.
  34. Matt & I met in Gulf Shores, AL on a Memorial Day beach trip with some friends we have in common. We lived less than a mile from each other at the time and went to the same church, but we had to go 7 hours away to meet.
  35. I was named after both of my grandmothers.
  36. I met 6 of my 8 great-grandparents. I didn't meet my grandmothers' fathers.
  37. Family is very important to me.
  38. I love family traditions - especially the holiday ones.
  39. I have made an apple pie every Thanksgiving since I was in second grade. My first apple pie was for a Brownie badge.
  40. I didn't stay in Brownies for very long - I am not the girl scout type.
  41. I wish I had done more extra-curricular activities in high school.
  42. I tried out for the volleyball team in high school. I only went to the first day of tryouts.
  43. I am 5'3". That should explain why I didn't go back for day 2!
  44. I watch too much TV.
  45. I wish I had more time to read. If I didn't watch so much TV and spend so much time on the computer I would probably find that time to read.
  46. I love going to the library, book stores, and coffee shops.
  47. I worked in a coffee shop during college.
  48. I would rather be typing 100 things about my children than about me.
  49. I believe in Santa Claus.
  50. After visiting Colorado, I decided I would like to live there someday.
  51. I love the mountains as much as I love the beach.
  52. I think cigarettes are gross and can't stand smelling smoke when I am at a restaurant, the park, etc.
  53. I worked in a grocery store while I was in high school.
  54. I worked in collections at a mobile home financing company during the summer after my freshman year of college.
  55. I was a resident assistant my junior and senior year of college.
  56. I think it would be fun to be a head resident in a dorm.
  57. I find it hard to believe that I graduated from high school 10 years ago.
  58. I don't think my brain has believed I am getting older for the past 8 years.
  59. My body definitely knows I am getting older.
  60. I hate wallpaper.
  61. I REALLY HATE removing wallpaper.
  62. I love to take pictures of Cole and Savannah when they aren't looking.
  63. I have lived with all three of my best friends at some point in my life.
  64. I am glad that I got to live on my own for a few years after graduating from college.
  65. I have shot a pistol and a rifle.
  66. I want to leave the earth a cleaner and healthier place for my children.
  67. I struggle with figuring out exactly how to make that happen.
  68. I can communicate in sign language if necessary.
  69. I voted for the first time when I was 18.
  70. I have had 3 cats as pets. Right now I have no pets.
  71. I do not like it when fathers say that they are "babysitting" their own children.
  72. I had my first babysitting job when I was 12.
  73. I can't imagine leaving my children with a 12 year old.
  74. My first car was a 1984 Chrysler E Class. (or maybe it was E series - I can't remember)
  75. I don't know anyone who has ever heard of that car (besides the ones who heard me drive it - it sounded like an airplane).
  76. I have had 2 speeding tickets.
  77. I became a safety freak as soon as I found out I was pregnant with Cole.
  78. I learned to drive in a mini van.
  79. I used to say I would never own a mini van.
  80. I own a mini van. (see #s 12 & 13)
  81. My eyes have been brown since birth.
  82. My long term memory is not as good as I wished it was.
  83. My vision is horrible.
  84. I love the rain. Especially when there is lots of thunder and lightning.
  85. I went to 5 different elementary schools in 3 different states.
  86. I really love the church camp I went to in the summers when I was growing up.
  87. I would like to go back to that camp as staff, but I am scared sometimes that it will ruin my memories because I know it won't be the same.
  88. It was once my goal to be one of the first female directors of that church camp.
  89. I bet there are people who will read #88 and laugh out loud at the thought of there ever being a female director at that camp.
  90. I am purposefully nonspecific as to locations in my blog because I fear the crazy people who are out there who have access to my blog. I am sure I have slipped up on this a couple of times.
  91. When I filled out my census form, I put "Human" as my race.
  92. My feet look just like my dad's. Cole's feet look just like mine.
  93. I hate for anyone to see my toenails without nail polish on them.
  94. When I was little I got lost from my grandmother in Wal-Mart.
  95. I am trying to take a more minimalistic approach to life.
  96. I am not a good speller.
  97. I really like to be super organized.
  98. I love dressing Savannah in clothes that were mine when I was little.
  99. I wish I got to have more adult conversations sometimes.
  100. I hate being late. Go ahead and laugh, because anyone who knows me knows that I am pretty much late for everything.
Well there they are. I finally did it for those of you who challenged/tagged me. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I think my list is much more boring than all of the one's I have read on other peoples blogs. I am not going to tag anyone for the same reason I don't forward very many emails. If you want to do the list... just do it! It was kind of fun....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think your list is boring at all! I know it took awhile, but I'm glad you did it - I learned some things about you.

Mindy said...

I actually knew about most everything on there. Yippeeee! I am with you about camp and #90. I love you for all of those 100 things. And YES, I laughed at #100.

PapaG said...

I laughed at a couple, had some great memories return by a few, understand #12 and 13 (that is part of growing up...I warned you this would happen someday,) and I only knew about one of #76...do we need to talk?

Love you bunch!

Gram Gram said...

This just goes to show once again what a special person you are. It's amazing how much you are like me. That may or may not be such a good thing. Amen to #100. I hate being late too, even though I could never convince your Daddy of it. I love you bunches!