Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Daddy...



My daddy is an amazing man. He has taught me so much. When I was little I was scared of his big booming voice, then one day I realized it was just the roar of a Papa Bear. My daddy sacrificed so much for us. He always made sure we had everything we needed and most of what we wanted. He taught us so many life lessons. My brothers and I are truly blessed to be able to call him "Daddy". He still has the HORRIBLE clay sculpture I made in 5th grade on his dresser. When I was in college, he surprised me by driving 7 hours on a weekday (well 450 miles - it takes most people 7 hours) just to see me get inducted into an honor society (the ceremony was a grand total of 45 min.), then he took me to dinner and turned around and drove back home because he had to be at work the next morning. He just wanted me to know how proud he was of me. My daddy has always made me feel special. The really cool thing about his "surprise" visit, is that I had a feeling that he was going to be there as I was getting ready to go to the ceremony. That is just the connection we have. I am so thankful for that connection with my daddy!

These days I love to watch my daddy be "Papa" to my children. You can see by the look on his face what a proud "Papa" he is! Happy Father's Day Daddy!!!

The first time he saw Cole

The first time he saw Savannah

No comments: