Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 30, 2007

My favorite thing about being a mommy

So this week's Favorite Friday topic is "my favorite thing about being a mommy". There are so many wonderful things about being a mom...hugs and kisses all the time, being able to make "boo-boos" all better, watching the changes your baby makes from helpless infant to almost independent toddler - the list could go on and on. But my favorite thing about being a mommy is what it is teaching me about how God loves us. This is something that has been on my heart a lot lately. I love Cole & Savannah so much that I can't even describe it. I loved Cole so much before Savannah arrived that I really didn't know how I was going to love another baby that much - but when I heard her cry in the delivery room it suddenly all made sense, I just loved her unconditionally. My love for my children grows EVERY day! It amazes me that our Heavenly Father loves me even more than I love my children. I can't even comprehend how much HE loves me AND YOU!! What an awesome thing it is to be a child of God!

"God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in him may not be lost, but have eternal life." John 3:16 New Century Version

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH Sara Jo, I PROMISE I did not read your post before I did mine. It is almost scary how much alike they are! I think it's really neat though. And I think it also shows why I love YOU so much and love you taking care of my child. I appreciate your tender heart and your obvious love for God. We are very blessed women!