Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 23, 2007

Favorite Fridays

Today is the kick off of "Favorite Fridays". One of my best friends and I thought it would be fun to have a theme day for our blogs. Check hers out at The Doughties. We hope you enjoy finding out about some of our favorite things! Feel free to join us...

This Friday is Favorite Worship Song (from the book!).

For years my favorite worship song has been "It Is Well with My Soul" by Horatio Spafford. It is inspiring to think that after the ship wreck that took his four daughters, he wrote these words in praise and worship to our LORD.

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

Refrain

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul."


I think that the 2nd & 3rd verses have always been there to lift me up when I needed it most. The words of this song remind me that my sins have been washed away and our Savior is returning to take us home, and the music behind the words makes me feel those things.

Apparently there are several verses to this song that I didn't know existed (they aren't in the book). Since I am one of the only Church of Christ members that does not have a "Songs of Praise" songbook on my bookshelf, I had to look up the lyrics on the internet. Click here to see the "new" lyrics.

"Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul!" Psalm 146:1

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to try to join you for "Favorite Fridays." Help me remember! :) I posted my favorite hymn today.

Wendy said...

i learned something new today.
very inspiring!
Thanks
love
Aunt Wendy

Mindy said...

I did mine today when I got home and it drove me crazy all day trying not to look at yours because I wanted to do mine before I looked at yours. When I started reading it I told Chris that I knew the answer to this question for you before I read it... I just forgot!

JSM said...

OOOOOOhhh....
Mine is Holy, Holy, Holy... hands down!
And of course 728B (because we always sing it in this old church in Honduras, and the acoustics there are AWESOME!)