Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 19, 2007

When your toddler is smarter than you think...

So yesterday we were trying to get Cole to eat his lunch, and all he wanted was chips. He had a bowl full of peaches and some hot dog still to eat. I told him if he ate his peaches I would put some chips in his bowl. He ate one diced peach and said "Chip chip" as he pointed to the bowl. So I told him that his bowl had to be empty before he could have any chips. Of course I meant that he needed to EAT the peaches, but he proceeded to take the peaches out of the bowl one by one and put them on his plate with his hot dog! "Chip chip chip chip" with lots of pointing in the bowl followed the peaches removal. At least he is understanding what I am saying, and yes he got the chips. He did do what I said, so I had to follow through with what I had told him I would do....
This picture is from a different meal. Cole is such a cheeser!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks for the word of wisdom. I will remember that one. Cole is such a cutie!!

Kathy said...

Hey Sara Jo! So glad to see pictures of your little angels! Hope you guys are all doing well! I will have to bring the boys to visit you soon! Kathy