Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tummy time

Tummy time is great for babies. It helps develop upper body strength and neck strength. But babies are NOT supposed to sleep on their tummies according to the AAP. I know that there are going to be mothers out there saying "We laid our kids on their tummies and they grew up just fine!" But statistics have proven that there is a lower SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) rate now than there was during the "Tummy Sleep" recommendation era. So I am going with the current AAP guidelines. - On a sidenote, I have recently discovered that I am much more rule follower and much less rebel than I thought I was. - Anyway, Savannah has been rolling over for a little while now, and we of course encourage her to have lots of AWAKE tummy time. But when I got up this morning, for the very first time I caught her on her tummy in her crib. I of course promptly rolled her onto her back, and she promptly rolled herself back onto her tummy!! I guess I can't blame her because I like to sleep on my tummy too!!! Here is a picture of Savannah napping on her tummy a few days ago. After I took the picture, she finished her nap on her back....

No comments: